nder Hutchings, Dan Catenacci and Joel Armia score | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Organisations » qui fait quoi
lebaobei123 Nov 14
SOUTHAMPTON, Bermuda -- Masters champion Adam Scott broke the course record at Port Royal with a 7-under 64 to win the PGA Grand Slam of Golf by two shots over U. John Paxson Jersey .S. Open champion Justin Rose on Wednesday. Trailing by four shots with 10 holes to play, Scott pulled ahead of his good friend for the first time with a 6-iron that settled inches from the cup on the par-5 17th for a tap-in eagle. Rose pulled his approach and had to settle for par. "Obviously, Im thrilled to come out on top," Scott said. "Fun -- but a trying couple of days here, really, especially today. Standing on the 11th tee, didnt look like a score like that was going to be possible. But I played very well and managed to slowly claw away at Justin." Rose, who opened with a 67, had a 69 in the 36-hole exhibition for the four major champions of the year. Scott finished at 8-under 134 in his first trip to Bermuda. He won a pink jacket to go along with the green jacket he won at Augusta. A 6-iron was also the club Scott used on the second playoff hole at Augusta National when he defeated Angel Cabrera -- but this one came from a new set. Scott replaced his irons for the Presidents Cup two weeks ago. "So this ones got some good stuff in it, too," he said. U.S. PGA champion Jason Dufner, who started two shots behind, fell off the pace quickly and was never a serious threat. He closed with a 70 to finish alone in third, five shots behind. Padraig Harrington, a three-time major winner, shot 71 to finish eight behind. As the defending champion, Harrington was first alternate to replace British Open champion Phil Mickelson, who chose not to play. Rose had a two-shot lead going into the final day and ran off four birdies to double the lead. Scott stayed in range with three birdies, and then the Australian played mistake-free in tough conditions on the back nine to rally for the win. Scott made birdie on No. 13, and then holed a 20-foot birdie on the 15th after Roses attempt from 30 feet narrowly missed. "I started with a two-shot lead and somebody had to shoot well to beat me," Rose said. "When youre in that position you want to close it out. But when somebody finishes it out like that, you have to tip your hat and say you were beaten rather than losing. He was 4-under the last six, so thats a strong finish." For setting the course record at Port Royal -- Lucas Glover had a 65 in 2009 -- the premier of Bermuda offered Scott an honorary membership at the course. "Do I get to keep it if someone beats it next year?" Scott replied. Jerian Grant Jersey . This time, it was Eric Chavezs turn. Stuck in a rut since coming off the disabled list, Chavez hit the first pitch he saw in the ninth inning for a run-scoring single, sending the Diamondbacks to another walk-off victory, 4-3 over the San Francisco Giants on Saturday night. Bobby Portis Jersey . They have homered once every 27.3 at bats, which just happens to be the third best mark in the American League, albeit just 10 games into the season.DAVOS, Switzerland -- A strong start and a textbook finish made up for a second-period slump as Canada advanced to the semifinals of the Spengler Cup with a 6-3 win over the Rochester Americans on Sunday. Byron Ritchie and Jacob Micflikier each scored twice to lead the way for Canada, which jumped out to a 3-0 first-period lead before letting Rochester back into the game in the second. "It was nice to go into the locker-room after the first period with that lead but you had the feeling it wasnt over," Canada coach Doug Shedden said. "Then a couple of mistakes, a couple of little things and in this business you just cant make those little mistakes because they add up to big things, and once they made it 4-3 we had a monster on our hands." Canada was able to re-establish momentum in the third period, and two more goals put the game out of reach. "I was really third with our third period, I thought it was textbook hockey," Shedden said. Canada will play Swiss club HC Geneve-Servette in Mondays semifinal. Geneve-Servette had an automatic berth to the semis after finishing first in its group. The game will reunite Shedden and Geneve-Servette head coach Chris McSorley, who was an assistant coach for Canada when it won last years Spengler Cup. "(McSorleys) teams playing a more North American style of hockey. They chip pucks in and theyre a hard-forechecking team that drives the net hard, so I think youre going to see similar styles," Shedden said. After starting sluggishly in a 3-2 loss against host HC Davos on Saturday, Canada came out flying against the Americans. Ritchie gave Canada a 1-0 lead at the 7:30 mark, then Miicflikiers two goals put the Canadians up 3-0 heading into the first intermission. Robin Lopez Jersey. Rochester came back in the second, capitalizing on Canadian mistakes. "We made a blind pass behind the net on their first goal and then we took a penalty and before you know it its 4-3. So our management skills were kind of dumb in that area," Shedden said. Shedden said the team went back to basics in the third period, and goals from Ritchie and Alexandre Giroux clinched the win. "Our point was we get hard forechecking and we stick to our (system) and get the turnovers, and dont let them in our zone," Shedden said. "I thought we did it really well in the third period." Derrick Walser also scored for Canada, while Ahren Spylo added three assists. Chris Mason got the start in goal for Canada and gave up three goals over 22 shots over the first 40 minutes. He left after the second period with an injured groin. "He came to me after the second period and said I should have pulled myself after the first goal because thats when I felt it, but I thought I could stick it out," Shedden said. Allen York replaced Mason in the third and stopped all five shots he faced. Nathan Lieuwen started fort Rochester and surrendered three goals on 14 shots in the first period. Matt Hackett came in at the start of the second and stopped 19 of 22 shots the rest of the way. Alexander Hutchings, Dan Catenacci and Joel Armia scored for Rochester, which is the American Hockey League affiliate of the NHLs Buffalo Sabres. Host HC Davos will face CSKA Moscow in the other semifinal. Moscow beat HC Vitkovice Steel 3-2 on Sunday to advance. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '